1. Download Freshlook
Download the Freshlook zip file from themeforest. Unzip the file.
Once unzipped, you will find the following folders, within the unzipped directory:
- Freshlook.zip : The theme files. You will upload this folder to wordpress when installing.
- Elements : Layered psds of icons, team and patterns
- Doc : The documentation files.
- Demo : The xml export file from the demo file. You can import this file to quickly setup your site.
- Licensing : License files.
2. Installing through the Wordpress theme uploader
You can use the xml demo file provided in the Demo Folder to quickly get started with your theme.
The Theme Options are divided in 5 sections: General Settings, Content/SEO, Contacts, Slider, Social.
Adding the Home Pagetop
To add a Home Page
Now choose the page on the wordpress setting
1. Choosing the template
Freshlook comes with 2 Home Page templates :
Home Page shortcodes are used to display the slider, the portfolio items, the sidebar, and the specially formatted titles. Please check the Home Page Shortcodes, for information about these shortcodes.
This template will display the portfolio just like the portfolio template would, with the only difference being that you can add
content(or shortcodes such as the slider shortcode) at the top, and the header description (under the nav) is displaying in the special home page format.
2. Displaying the SlideShow
Simply use [homeslider] to display your slideshow.
Make sure you have slides to display, in your "Slider Items" posts.
Check how to add slider items.
3. Home Page Shortcodes
You can use the shortcode adder, to easily add them to the editor:
- [homeslider] Displays the Home Slideshow
- [portfolioitems] Displays the portfolio items, 3 per row, on the left side of the sidebar.
- [homesidebar] [/homesidebar] Content in this shortcode will display in the sidebar.
- [homeintro] [/homeintro] A div specific to the Home Page Intro
- [hometitle] [/hometitle] This shortcode turns its content into an h2 title specially formatted for the Home Page.
- [showposts] [/showposts] Displays Blog Posts depending on the attributes specified.
Adding the Portfolio Pagetop
Before creating your Portfolio page, make sure you have portfolio items to display in your page.
After this you can add your "Header Area Title" and "Header Area Description" on the metabox Page Options
A) How to add Portfolio Items and Categories - top
This screenshots shows where the information comes from, on the page.
Home Page Slidertop
The Home Page Slider can be displayed using the shortcode [homeslider].
To add a new Slide ( or Slider Item):
Freshlook come with a lot of shortcodes that make facilitates the construction of the page.
Freshlook comes with 7 custom widgets :
There are 3 widget areas you can add widgets to:
- Blog: Widgets will show in sidebar of the blog index, blog article page, archives, categories etc...
- Pages: Widgets will show in Pages with sidebar.
- Footer: Widgets will show in Footer. (if the footer widgets are enabled - Theme Options > Content > Show Footer Widgets)
In Appearance > Widgets, drag and Drop widgets to the widget area in which you want them to show up.
Add Images to Blog Poststop
You can add images to the body content of your blog posts using the image uploader.
You can also add a Featured Image for your post, using the Featured Image Box on the right side of your Post's screen.
To add a featured image
If you don't want use the feature image as background to, please disable the option Disable Feature Images on the Theme Options.
Custom Menu / Navigationtop
Freshlook allows use of the Custom Menus functionality for its top navigation.
To replace your current navigation with a custom one:
If you have a question about the theme, please:
Sources and Credits - top
I've used the following icons and plugins as listed.
- jquery-1.7.1.min by JQuery.org
- jQuery FlexSlider by WooThemes
- jQuery Easing v1.3 by McGinley Smith
- PrettyPhoto by No margin for errorrs
- jQuery Form Plugin by Malsup
- hoverIntent by Brian Cherne
- Quicksand by Jacek Galanciak
- jquery.validate.js by Jörn Zaefferer
- Modernizr by modernizr.com
- Superfish by Malsup
- Options Framework by Devin Price
If you like this theme, please don't forget to rate it on Themeforest (You can find the spot on your download zone).
Thank you so much!